NOC slams "blackmail" to pass suspicious oil deals
The National Oil Corporation (NOC) has condemned in the strongest terms what it said the attempts of an armed group to blackmail the corporation, warning it would take all legal actions against its members.
The NOC said in a statement on Wednesday that it had submitted written reports to the Head of the Government, the Ministry of Interior, and the Office of Attorney General as being the competent authorities against this entity and its involved members, claiming that they are trying to pass suspicious deals of oils.
The statement noted that information had been received indicating attempts to target the HQ of one of the NOC's companies with car bombs, stressing it had taken the necessary measures to verify this information.
The corporation hinted that the armed group was involved in the attempt to storm the NOC HQ last November, reiterating it had taken all precautions to combat the hazards surrounding the national oil sector.