15 civilians killed in barbaric airstrikes on Derna
15 civilians, mostly women and children, have been killed, while 25 other people were injured in airstrikes by unknown warplanes on Al-Fatayeh district in Derna, eastern Libya.
Local media and Derna sources reported Monday evening that the airstrikes hit civilians' houses and left several casualties most of whom were women and children, adding that several persons were helped out of the rubble caused by the bombing.
In the meantime, videos and pictures of the victims and the chaos among the civilians inside and outside the hospital were circulated among social media pages, showing the horror and intimidation as well as the brutality of the attack, whose victims have been so far only women and children.
Derna has been besieged for over a year by Dignity Operation forces led by Khalifa Haftar, who order earlier his fighters to strengthen the siege and choke the city of its life.
Of a particular notice is the issue of striking Al-Fatyaeh, as all Libyans know that this district battled IS militants and managed - through its local forces and Derna Shura Council fighters - to defeat them.
Meanwhile, no official claim for the atrocious bombardment has come out yet, however; the head of the media office of the Derna Shura Council, Mohammed Edriss Al-Taher has stated that Egypt was behind the airstrikes, and so said the member of the council Mohammed Dango.
Dango said on his Facebook page that Egypt is boldly bombarding civilians in Libya while Haftar and Al-Sirraj government's military leaderships are convening meetings in Cairo, slamming Egypt's President, Haftar and Al-Sirraj as inhuman.
It is noteworthy that Haftar arrived in Cairo Saturday to discuss possible Egyptian airstrikes on Derna and other cities like Ajdabiya, as reported by the New Arab.