14 makeshift houses for Tawergha IDPs were completely destroyed after a major fire broke out at their camp on Sunday.
The Local Council of Tawergha said no casualties were reported in the fire which left 14 families in the open air.
“The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit,” member of the Local Council Abdulnabi Abu Arabah told Libya Panorama TV.
The camp is located in Sidi Sayah district of Tripoli.
The Local Council of Tawergha said it’s conducting contacts with state authorities to accommodate the 14 families.