Revealed: UAE, Egyptian arms' depots found at Haftar-controlled Libyan oil terminals
A video has scandalized both the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Egypt as it showed how Khalifa Haftar used the depots at the Libyan oil facilities to stock military equipment and arms sent by those two countries.
The video, which was published by the media office of the central branch of Petroleum Facilities Guard (PFG) Tuesday, showed the ammunition stored at the building of the Austrian oil company, Value Added Oilfield Services (VAOS) in the oil crescent region, pointing out that the ammo and arms came from Egypt and the UAE.
Vaos, in the meantime, replied on The Libya Observer Twitter account that it has nothing to do with the rivalry at the oil crescent region in Libya, adding that the mentioned headquarters in the "allegation of the video" have not been operated by the Austrian company since 2014.
Meanwhile, the PFG as accused warplanes of the Khalifa Haftar’s self-styled army of attacking repairing workers with mortars and barrel bombs to hinder them from extinguishing the tanks on fire in Ras Lanuf oil terminals, despite the vows assured by the Chairman of the National Oil Corporation (NOC) Mustafa Sanallah to protect the workers with a no-fly zone.
The PFG also said that it had taken the needed measures to ensure that fire doesn’t catch in other tanks in Ras Lanuf since repairing and firemen work was hindered.
On the other hand, the spokesman for the self-styled army Ahmed Al-Mismari said previously that their warplanes air attacked ammo depots in Ras Lanuf and Al-Sidra and were able to blow some of them up, while locals said the strikes targeted civilian blocks and left several dead or injured.
NOC declared force majeure at the two oil terminals after Jodran's control and after the fighting broke last Thursday, hence Libya has been losing 400.000 bpd go its output.