The member of Tobruk parliament, Fathallah Al-Saity, disclosed that he was threatened with murder because he is in favor of the UN-imposed accord government.
In a Facebook post, Al-Saity said since he decided to approve the Government of National Accord’s desire to enlist foreign support to help what he called "the Libyan army" fight terrorism, he has become a target for those who look at the country as their own backyard.
“Since then I have received many assassination-implied threats, and I was told by security personnel that some of the figures affiliated with the legislative and executive institutions had a lot to do with those threats, which I will protest to the UN envoy to Libya, Martin Kobler.” He explained.
In addition, Musab Al-Abed, another Tobruk parliament member, said he and other MPs can come to grasps with the delay of GNA new cabinet’s endorsement until the army takes full control of Benghazi so that it strengthens its position on the political scene; however, they think that the murder threats uttered by Al-Gotrani and Araibi to Tobruk MPs are so dangerous and intimidating.
Tobruk parliament was supposed to hold a vote of confidence session for the new GNA cabinet back on February 23, but the session was postponed due to disruption and interruptions by some of the MPs, who even hit and badmouthed one another, especially by eastern MPs, hence obliging 100 MPs to issue a joint statement endorsing the new cabinet and calling for moving the parliament sessions outside Tobruk due to murder threats.
Ali Al-Gotrani, who is loyal to renegade General Khalifa Haftar and accused of threatening Al-Saity, had earlier unveiled that Al-Saity asked him to appoint some of his relatives as ministers or deputies in the new cabinet in order to back the approval of the cabinet according to Al-Gotrani's pre-conditions.