A High voltage power line have caused the death of a father and son in the Khalat bin Aoun district south of Tripoli.
The General Electricity Company of Libya (GECOL) said Friday that the deceased were at their house when an iron ladder placed on the roof got electrocuted and resulted in their death.
The house was built at an insecure spot very close to high tension power lines, says the GECOL, noting that the line has been in place for about 25 years.
The company explained that after receiving a communication from the General Administration of Control to separate the "Danone Line" from 220 Al-Taba, in the Khalat Bin Aoun area, it found some houses constructed just under the high-pressure transmission lines.
It underscored that it posts almost daily messages on its Facebook page that construction under or near energy transmission paths poses a real danger to citizens, stressing that the concerned authorities were informed of the incident to take the necessary legal measures.