Conflicting news about Libyan casualties in Istanbul nightclub shooting

Conflicting news about Libyan casualties in Istanbul nightclub shooting

January 01, 2017 - 23:01
Posted in:
Written By: AbdulkaderAssad

Libya’s Ambassador to Turkey, Abdelrazzaq Mukhtar, told Ajwaa Net that Istanbul Mayor called the embassy and confirmed that there were no Libyan causalities among the victims of the shooting in a nightclub on New Year’s Eve in Istanbul.

Mukhtar said earlier that Turkey’s Interior Ministry told the embassy that three Libyans were killed in the shooting.

The Foreign Ministry of the UN-proposed government announced via the media and communication Facebook page of the Presidential Council that one Libyan national was killed and two others were injured in the nightclub shooting.

Meanwhile, manhunt for the shooter who fled the nightclub is underway in Istanbul as the authorities announced that the death toll hit 39 people, including 15 foreigners, and 65 injuries, four of which are very serious.

Tags: