The Libyan diplomatic mission in Turkey said on Sunday that it had made contacts at the highest levels with all Turkish government agencies and hospitals to follow up on the situation of the Libyan community after a bombing incident in Istanbul.
The mission added that an emergency room was formed at the Consulate General in Istanbul, and several numbers were placed at the disposal of Libyan citizens to assist if needed.
The Consulate General contacted all the hospitals that received the wounded, and there is no evidence, so far, of any injuries among Libyan citizens, the mission stated, as it urged Libyans to report any case with which contact was lost.
In the first Libyan official statement on Istanbul's blast, a member of the Presidential Council, Abdullah Al-Lafi, denounced "the terrorist act that targeted innocents on Istiklal Street in the friendly country of Turkey."
"We extend our sincere condolences to Turkey's leadership, government, people, and the victims' families, and we pray for the recovery of the injured.
On Sunday, an explosion rocked a busy thoroughfare in central Istanbul killing at least six people and injuring 81 others, according to Turkish officials.
The Turkish Interior Ministry said it arrested an individual suspected of placing the bomb that caused Sunday's blast.